Order Sons of Italy in America
The beach communities of Northeast Florida:
Mayport, Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, Jacksonville Beach, Ponte Vedra Beach and Intracoastal West
We are a fraternal organization located at the beaches of Jacksonville, dedicated to enjoying our community of family and friends – ages 18 to 85 – who feel strongly about their Italian heritage. We aren’t just Italian… we have been joined by several who also share that same love of Italian community.
We have five focal points for our lodge:
1. CHARITIES: We raise funds for the national Charities of Alzheimer Foundation, Cooley’s Anemia, and the Doug Flutie Jr Autism Foundation. We don’t stop there – we raise funds for many local charities (past recipients: Baptist Beaches Hospital orthopedic wing, Community Hospice of Northeast Florida, USO Mayport, among others).
Mother-Daughter Spring Fashion Show & Tea and twice-yearly Hot Dog/Italian Sausage & Peppers Sale… immense fun for everyone!
2. SCHOLARSHIPS: We raise funds for our annual Scholarship presentation to two deserving high school seniors of Italian descent. Our scholarships are merit-based, and we follow each student as they progress through their college experience. We’ve had the pleasure of providing these scholarships since 2007!
Our annual Murder Mystery Dinner and several Bunco Nights hosted at members’ homes… more immense fun for everyone!
3. CSJ – Commission for Social Justice: Our national anti-defamation arm of Sons of Italy: Our lodge Chairman keeps us informed when national issues arise … see menu tab
4. MONTHLY DINNERS: We have scaled back our business meetings and focus on the social gathering which, of course, includes wonderful foods and lots of laughter.
5. ITALIAN CULTURE: For anyone interested, we offer Book Club gatherings, Italian genealogy, Italian Movie Nights, cooking lessons, regional history & geography…and more.
This is who we are!